It is time to nominate your favorite early stage investigator. The deadline for the early investigator award nomination is July 15th. Instructions at https://fnirs2022.fnirs.org/awards/early-investigator-award-2022. This year we have made few changes to the award and removed the final competition between three candidates. The awardee will be announced at the conference and she/he will give an invited presentation on his career work.We have established a new Society award, the SfNIRS Community Award. With this award, the SfNIRS would like to honor a member for its outstanding service to our community. Such service could be in various fields of our community, including:
- Educating community members
- Standardization of equipment, software, or data,
- Organizing events
- Advancing the Society in other ways.
Thank to NIH grant R13NS117007 we have established additional awards to recognizes outstanding contributions to the fNIRS 2022 meeting. We have established:
- 8 Women Excellence in Research Awards to recognize female undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows excellent contributions to the conference program with their presentation or poster
- 8 Posters and Presentations Excellence Awards to recognize undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows excellent contributions to the conference program
- Several DEI travel awards to support and recognize researchers from racial, ethnic, and disabled groups that have been historically under-represented in scientific work related to fNIRS in their home country or internationally.